005 Elixirs can work only with limited effect for a limited period

The Deccan Chronicle, Vijayavada published a DC Kochi 26th May report, titled : "Elixir makes old young".

It says that one Shri Yugal Saran Maharaj, 92 years aged, underwent kAyakalpa cikitsa (total body rejuvenation therapy/treatment of the ayurveda system at Ottappalem, in Palakkad District of Kerala.
The news report claims the following results : 1. sprouting black strands in grey beard. 2. Feelings of youthful stirrings. 3. Achieving a haemoglobin count of 15.5 uncharacteristic for people of that old age.

The newspaper published two photos of the patient.

One-- said to be before the treatment. This has a long white beard.

Second - After the treatment. Shows a scientist's beard, pruned. There are some black strands.

Somehow, this news and the photo are not appearing in the electronic edition of the Deccan Chronicle. Hence, I am unable to furnish any link. I hope to give it, if D.C. publishes the news electronically.


Please, meanwhile, care to read my observations:--


*Ayurveda seems to suffer from the same 'ailment' as the other two prominent systems of medicine : the modern medicine (allopathy) and the homoeopathy. The common ailment for all the three is 'exaggerations'.

The photos in the above news appear to have been made out. Some hardwork in Adobe Photoshop seems to have taken place.

I do not wish to argue that kAyAkalpa cikitsa (body rejuvenation therapy) does not give any result at all. Three weeks seclusion (in the instant case) after being drawn away from the pulls and pushes, stresses and strains of the modern civilisation, itself will do some good to us, whether we consume herbs / medicinal formulations or not. A person will definitely feel freshened-up.

But this, we cannot exaggerate disproportionately.

My personal experience: I retired from a Bank while performing managerial duties at an age of 52 approx. Relieved of the stresses and strains accompanying my job, I felt rejuvenated because there were no forces pulling me and pushing me. I could work at my leisure and choose to rest when I needed it. My hair started blackening. The folds in my face started reducing in intensity. People were earlier asking me whether I was 62. After the relief obtained owing to reduction of tension, they started asking me whether I was 45 or 47. They started thinking that I was below 50. Once, a person asked me pointing out at my wife, whether she was my mother. I didn't dye my hair.

Prior to my retirement I used to work for 18 hrs. a day. I continued to work for the same 18 hrs. per day even after retirement. But then, what made the difference? Reduction of stress and tension.

I cannot , now say, whether the gains are still continuing in me today or not. Reason: Lack of stress and strain can also cause "stress and strain".

Some neutralisation and polarisation will take place over a period of time.

A person will probably get both emotional and physical rejuvenation if he continuously gets refilling of his self-respect and purpose for living.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reason for deleting the above two comments: Looked like spam for some medicines.

Popular posts from this blog

How far AyurvEdic system of medicine has progressed since Gandhiji's comments of 1942-46?

011 A discussion about the impact of CURD (yogurt) on our body, as per ancient Ancient Indian Native Medical Texts

Did Gandhiji consider AyurvEdic medicines as poison?